In 1905, architect Auguste Van Assche led the construction of a Neo-Roman building from rough-hewn flint, completely obliterating the old church, certain parts of which - the chancel - dated back to the 12th century.
Of this old church, only a few 12th-century pillar tops and colonnettes were used in the new building. The furnishings were somewhat luckier, since some were retained: The traditional Meuse-style baptismal font dates from 1609.
A painting of a martyrdom is attributed to Englebert Fisen. In the 19th century, an impressive pulpit (1848), decorated by two sculpted palms, was added.
The old seat of the county's Justice of the Peace stands opposite the church.
Near to the church is a farm whose glory days lie far in the past.
It is an old manor farm (18th century, renovated in the 19th century).
A few old industrial buildings - most of which are disused - again bear witness to the activity of this small market town until recent times. They include an old brewery and a sugar refinery.